When to buy new PC - Now or after Xmas ??

pro747 21:51 23 Nov 03

Hi

Have decided to buy a new PC from Dell or Evesham & was just wondering, does anyone know if they usually have a 'new year sale'?
I know that they seem to have various offers running at any one time, double memory, free delivery etc, etc, but do you think it is worth hanging on until after Xmas?

Don't worry, I won't come back to "quote" anyone as its my decision but wondered if anyone had experience of buying at this time of year.

Regards
Peter

carver 22:03 23 Nov 03

If you buy now and receive it before XMAS and it goes wrong you will have all the XMAS period to wait before it can be fixed and at this time of year who wants that.Buy just after when all the rush has gone and the same spec will or could be cheaper.

AdventCalendar 22:12 23 Nov 03

agree with carver.

preston 22:45 23 Nov 03

buy well after xmas, as they like to reduce prices slightly, and throw in a few extras to tempt you.

pro747 22:51 23 Nov 03

Thanks guys - I was tempted to hang on until jan as I think there may be a few good deals around so you've confirmed it.
Thanks for the feedback

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:24 24 Nov 03

I was buying new last January and IIRC there were no special deals but a lot of old tat ha was not worth the cash. the only things that were cheap in January were xmas deccies and tree ornaments. The myth of eye-watering January sales still continues though.

G

Kong 10:26 24 Nov 03

Agree witb Gandalf. If the past few years are anything to go by, there are no more special deals after Xmas. The nature of computer industry is such that if you wait, you would always get higher specs for the same money. You need to judge if you need the computer now or later.

Forum Editor 22:54 24 Nov 03

is always next month.

It's a bit like that sign you used to see in some pubs: "Free beer tomorrow"

Don't hang around waiting for machines to get cheaper/faster/better looking/smaller because if you do that you'll never buy one. Buy it now, and have the enjoyment now. Then, for the next few months, don't read advertisements or reviews, because you'll begin to wonder if you should have waited.......

See what I mean? Do it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…