What's wrong with Plusnet these days?

rickf 20:42 31 Aug 06

Hi All,
I am to be experiencing dropped connections, speed reduction when on, intermittent emails dealys etc,etc on a daily basis, and sometimes throughtout the day. The last time it came down, it took hours before it was upo and running again. What's wrong with this ISP these dyas and am I entitled to some sort of compensation for not being able to use it when I want/needed to.Do other Plusnet account holders have the same probs. I am seriously thinking of moving as this has been going on for at least 2 months.

rickf 20:54 31 Aug 06

should read " I am experiencing......"

anskyber 21:05 31 Aug 06

If this is anything to go by their customer service rating is slowly declining. click here

Stuartli 00:25 01 Sep 06

Key PlusNet into the search engine at click here - or any other ISP for that matter...:-)

rickf 15:57 01 Sep 06

Thanks for replies. I pay £21.99, was £22.99 with 20g download. Been with them for 4 yrs and its been fine until the past couple of months since they linked up with Tiscali.Unfortunately,
can't find a better deal with this amount of download allowance a month. Son plays games and download music, videos so any less just isn't practicable. However, if anyone knows of any gd. deals I'll be very pleased to hear.

Newuser2179 00:25 02 Sep 06

Yes I agree with rickf, I have been with F9 for years but there service has gone down a very Steep hill without brakes.
I am not a computer expert, once I could phone and problem fixed within minutes, now can't even get through or understand what I am supposed to do. Tried to take up their home phone option can't even do that as it just aborts half way through.

Stuartli 00:56 02 Sep 06

>>can't find a better deal with this amount of download allowance a month>>

My offspring has a 2MB 30GB a month limit for around £17.99 with Pipex...:-)

There are other ISPs who offer similar or better packages.

erkmatrix 09:58 02 Sep 06

I'm with them too and have been for years, when i joined i couldn't be more pleased, always connected after the karoo nightmare I'd had. But now yes the emails is painfully bad with it never connecting for ages and sometimes emails just don't arrive. Then internet connection also as someone said can be hours if it goes down, once it was a full Tuesday, no comp back, they have just took my next three months payment but I'm looking after that to move. That pipex deal sounds good. I might look into them.

Its a shame we can't be like France with their 24 meg lines and £20 a month and the chance to order movies for £1.50 or new films for £3.50 and ready in seconds. How come we got so far behind.

erkmatrix 11:46 02 Sep 06

I couldn't see the £17.99 deal at pipex site it was saying 15 gb month upto 8meg line for £19.99

antonic 12:44 02 Sep 06

There has been loads of comments @ the ADSLGuide site !

Fellsider 20:10 02 Sep 06

I don't use F9 on a regular basis but have an account that I started with dial-up some years ago.

Lately when I try to collect e-mails (via OE) it won't accept my password but if I go online it will!!

Given up basically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now