What's right for me?

JJBuckland 20:27 17 Dec 06

I am looking to buy a new computer for my bedroom, I have a budget of £900 max (including delivery, vat, etc.). The problem is choosing the type of system i need. I have recently brought a 32" LCD television and as I have no room for a desk in my bedroom I was thinking of running the computer through my television so at first i was thinking a media center PC such as the Acer Idea 500. However, i use my computer for some very heavy tasks and I am certain that a small form factor media center type PC would not be powerful enough to handle these tasks efficiently. So now im looking to buy a desktop tower type PC which has outputs to televisions (HDMI Hopefully) runs on MCE (Free Vista Upgrade would be nice) and has a 6400/6600 Core 2 Duo Proccesor and 2gb memory. I know this is asking alot but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Another question is if i connect up a PC with MCE to my TV with freeview can i link the program guide through MCE and is there any way i can record programs this way?

Thanks, James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017