WhateverHappens - Does it cover to this extent

JackAndrew 01:29 15 Mar 10

Hey

My laptop has recently just had a rough fall down some stairs and TBH my laptop looks a mess

The screen is not attched in anyway to the bottom half of the casing but the thing holding it togher is one wire ,

So i am wondering if they will class this as diglect or abuse of contract agreement because its pritty bad and i only got the laptop 6 and a half months

So will it be covered ? , If its gonna be covered will it be repaired or Will i be given vouchers (Again)

Any help is apperciated
Thanks
Jack-Andrew :)

MAJ 02:02 15 Mar 10

"So i am wondering if they will class this as diglect or abuse of contract agreement because its pritty bad and i only got the laptop 6 and a half months"

The "Whatever Happens" (I wouldn't take that too literally) cover plan does cover accidental damage;

But.

No one can say what they are going to call it other than DSG's engineers and they can be pretty tricky to convince when it comes to accidental damage. If they decide it has been accidentally damaged then they will repair or replace it. If they decide that the damaged was caused by misuse or neglect, you have a fight on your hands.

joka007 06:37 15 Mar 10

Hi Andrew, when you say again, i take it this is replacement? what happened to the last one.

they will take in consideration alot of things including how old it is, how long you got your insurance left, and of course the impact.

its really tricky as Maj had stated bt of course you need to send it away, if its rejected ten you will have to appeal against it if you believe its genuinnely not deliberate

JackAndrew 07:46 15 Mar 10

I got vouchers the last time my older packard-bell easynote R1000 went in for repair of the screen , touchpad and video card

My insurance ( whateverhappens) is a pay as you go service

Will my insurance been pay as you go affect it ?

carver 08:40 16 Mar 10

But if the laptop fell because "you" slipped then that is not neglect/abuse or misuse, it's just an accident and should be covered under the terms of the agreement.

BUT, if this the second "accident" then you could be in for a bit of grief, suggestion, do some exercises to improve your grip.

morddwyd 09:06 16 Mar 10

That would surely cover someone just chucking it down the stairs, or into the back of the car, but this would appear to be a genuine accident?

toners004 12:15 16 Mar 10

[url=click here]Toners.com, we have cut margin to the bones! [/url]

JackAndrew 16:36 16 Mar 10

" suggestion, do some exercises to improve your grip. " LOL At thiss !!!

Im 14 sfrom o yeah , anyways they have taken it in at a PC world store in Hull

I Quoat the woman who serves me " My God that must have gone down with a bang " to i dont think there happy with me :/

Ill get back to you when i get it back :)

JackAndrew 16:37 16 Mar 10

Im 14 so yeah , anyways they have taken it in at a PC world store in Hull

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…