What specification

zannee 13:29 06 Mar 06

Hi,
I want to buy a new computer but am unsure of what I need.I think I need something fairly powerful but don't want more than I really need. My husband and I play quite a few games (3D graphics), WP and basic computer stuff, store and edit photos, play DVDs, internet. I want something that won't need upgrading too soon in order to play the new games.
Can anyone reccomend a good package or amount of RAM, processor, graphics card etc I'll need. We have Windows XP home at the mo, but have seen some with media centre. Is this much different/worse/better?

rmcqua 15:09 06 Mar 06

Depends on your budget, of course, but from your descrition of what you want to use it for, this would be a good choice. Don't forget to add a monitor and OS (if you don't have one).

click here

Stuartli 15:25 06 Mar 06

You can turn an ordinary PC into a more than passable Media Centre with a Freeview PCI TV card such as the Twinhan DVB-ter D+A.

zannee 22:42 06 Mar 06

Will the processor, RAM and video card (from rmcqua response) be enough to last me a couple of years without upgrading? I do want to be able to play games with good speed. (I have a budget higher than the system suggested.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos