what sound system good for sony bravia hdtv?

frankie 19:52 07 Dec 08

hi just got a sony bravia hdtv 1080p tv,and sony blueray bdp350,can any recomend good surround sound 7.1 hdmi speaker set up for this?. thanks for looking

Stuartli 22:43 07 Dec 08

Sony itself makes some excellent Home Cinema speaker systems to go with its televisions and other video equipment.

961 09:28 08 Dec 08

Depends how much you want to spend

Suggest you try Richer Sounds for a Sony amplifier STRK880 or STRDA2400 and then choose speakers according to sound/style/budget

I've got Monitor Audio and the sound is terrific, but many other types/makes will do. Just make sure the centre speaker matches the others and that you take care in selection according to the size of the room

spuds 13:06 08 Dec 08

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia, so watching this with interest :O)

961 13:23 08 Dec 08

If cost is a factor (and isn't it always!) it's worth considering 5.1 instead of 7.1, at least initially. You can always add the extra 2 speakers later if you wish. Certainly I find a 5.1 setup stunning with the blu ray 350 and the Bravia flat screen

As for the .1 part, again you can add a subwoofer later if you decide you want to splash out, but good front and centre speakers will do the job unless you really intend to blow your socks off.

The back 2 speakers don't need to be such high quality because they don't produce the bits you are concentrating on and you can even consider second hand or Richer grade B jobs provided they match the sound profiles of the front and centre speakers

It's the amplifier and the front three speakers you need to spend the dosh on, at least initially. You don't want to have to upgrade those later because you are disappointed with their sound

Finally, I guess the January sales will be the high point for haggling, as dealers try to get rid of expensive stock before Feb crunch time

carver 15:41 08 Dec 08

If you need some ideas about a sound system then this is the sort of place to start looking

click here

They have some very good reviews about different systems and what will match other parts of any system you decide upon.

One thing to bear in mind is that not only do you have to consider the amp/speakers but also the cable you use.

Have fun but remember you only get what you pay for.

frankie 23:30 08 Dec 08

ok many thanks will have a look at suggestions and post back,many thanks for looking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…