thestig 22:38 06 Jan 07

I bought my Evesham PC a year ago and I'm thinking of doing some upgrading:

My computer specifications at the moment are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
nVidia 7900GTX 512MB
2GB RAM
15" TFT Monitor
230GB Hard Drive

Any suggestions? If you had some money to upgrade from the above specs, what would you do?

Is it worth buying the new nVidia 8800?

I love to buy brand new technology, but I'm thinking that it is not worth buying the new 8800 as I have 7900GTX 512MB. What do you think?

I would like to add more RAM I think. Can anyone recommend some RAM please - DDR or DDR2? Would 1 or 2GB more RAM make much of a difference?

gudgulf 22:48 06 Jan 07

That would be the first thing I would change.

As for the rest of the system....7900GTX will be fine for the sort of resolution you will use on anything up to a 21" tft monitor.2GB of RAM on a 32bit Windows system is plenty.

You could look at a faster processor for overall syatem performance as well.

Much depends on the use you put the pc to.....which is??

Totally-braindead 23:15 06 Jan 07

Wish I had your PC.
Only thing I can see that could do with being replaced is as gudgulf says the monitor. A nice 19" TFT would be the thing. Adding RAM would make a difference but it would be so small I really doubt you would notice it.

thestig 23:53 06 Jan 07

Thanks for your replies.

Could you recommend a 19" Monitor?

User-312386 00:18 07 Jan 07

this one is superb with a 2ms response time click here

SANTOS7 00:26 07 Jan 07

MONITOR as above,good luck..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…