What a 'Rip-Off' ( Pun Intended )

prima12 19:44 17 Feb 03

I, like many others, like to try different programs etc. to see if they are any good, or just rubbish. I thought I would see what all this DVD 'ripping' was all about. I did a search and found 'DVD Ripping and Copy Suite', $19.99 or about £13.00, paid my money online, and all I appeared to get from this site click here was to be forwarded to another page showing me where to get the FREE downloads from. I got better free information from click here. I will have to put this down to experience. I can hear some of the old school shouting ' that's what you get for trying to cheat the system and copy DVD's etc.'We all try things we perhaps shouldn't, so lets not be too hypercritical or condemning a.

AMD 4 ever 19:50 17 Feb 03

Lesson well learnt me thinks...
Perhaps post your early thoughts here first to test the water?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:05 17 Feb 03

'I can hear some of the old school shouting ' that's what you get for trying to cheat the system and copy DVD's'...of course but you will hear me shouting louder..I WROTE ABOUT THIS TWO MONTHS AGO!!!! ;-))

click here

prima12 20:25 17 Feb 03

I know you did, that's why I put it in, I didn't want to open up THAT hornets nest again, and I do in general agree with what you previously said. But as I said, we have all probably done things in the past that perhaps we shouldn't have. I can't believe that anybody can be whiter than white, and have a completely unblemished history.
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. P.

prima12 20:29 17 Feb 03

Shouting at me like that doesn't always win an argument does it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:30 17 Feb 03

Prima...I don't think you have read the post (again;-) ). In the post I warned about the rip-off DVD programme that was being offered for £20ish. I warned that it was a con as all it did was to direct you to free sites.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:34 17 Feb 03

Never mind, I've copied and pasted the 'click here' above as a timely reminder.

'Copyright issues aside, there was a thread recently about the above. Apparently many members had been emailed with an offer to purchase this *ahem, ahem* wonderful software. According to the Langalist it is a bit of a con. Fred Langa purchased a research 'copy' and all that happened was that, after handing over his credit card details, he was directed to a private site that listed loads of freeware apps. that he could have got off the net himself. It would appear that DVD Detective is a bit iffy.
Have a butchers' here... click here and Fred Langa has forgotten more than most IT people know. You can get a free weekly newsletter if you subscribe here..click here

Be warned.'

prima12 20:40 17 Feb 03

I stand corrected, I was referring to previous posting of yours about copyright, which got quite heated by the time it closed. I apologise, and will read the afore mentioned posting.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:31 17 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…