What printer to buy for photo quality printing?

Dunk 1 21:38 03 Feb 03

I have been using an Epson Stylus Photo 790 which has now gone wrong (Printer feed problems again!!). I was never very impressed with the quality of the printing so want to buy a new printer.

Can anyone give me advise to the best printer to buy so that I can print out my digitial photos like they do in the shops. All I want is to be able to print off some of the photos so I can frame them and put on the wall.

Any advice welcome, I would like to spend about £200 but should I be spending more??

Danoh 22:25 03 Feb 03

after debating over the Canon. Speed of printing won me over. Since purchase, I have been bowled over by the quality on Epson premium glossy paper! Am planning to stick with using this method for enlargements only as the costs are unbeatable compared to the shops, plus I can manipulate digitally.

Previously I was stopped by the expense of a colour darkroom. This has reinvigorated my hobby.

But for straight forward snapshots, personally I will still stick with film if loads of people are likely to want several copies. Even with the auto-cutting and roll paper, its just too troublesome to mess around.

I intend to keep everything within the digital domain, printing only on special exposures. The rest I display randomly using screen saver software ~ I get to see old favourites far more frequently that way then I ever could with photo albums!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…