What Printer ?

gcs_uk 07:33 19 Sep 03

I need a printer which can handle card.

My current printer which is an Epson Stylus C40 doesnt seem to be up to the job can anyone suggest an alternative.

My requirements are

As cheap as possible
Colour printing as well
Ability to print on card
Fast print speed is not essential

One other question is there any templates for word which will allow you to print out small sticky labels with your information on them.

TIA

-pops- 07:47 19 Sep 03

What weight of card do you want it to print?

As a generality, printers with the least bending of the sheet during feed through will give the best results so U turn printers would be a no - no (I do realise that the C40 is not a U turn printer but the principle applies).

-pops- 07:55 19 Sep 03

Regarding you label question, assuming you're using Avery labels, download the FREE Avery software for all their products.

Avery Wizard works in conjunction with word, Design Pro is independent (I think).

Sir Radfordin 08:25 19 Sep 03

Some printers have a switch on them that allows you to adjust the height of the feed to allow it to take thicker paper. Can't see one on the C60 but something to bear in mind.

As for printing labels Word has a large number of formats built into it, but was pops says Avery (and others) allow you to download software for free that will help print to their labels.

GuyR 10:30 20 Sep 03

Word also allows you to customise the format of an existing label layout, e.g. if the basic style of labels is correct say 3 columns x 10 rows then you can change virtually all dimensions and spacing to match the labels you have, long winded way but it works when have non standard format sheet.

gcs_uk 10:35 20 Sep 03

Thanks for the help, I have been messing aroud with Word and got labels printing perfectly.

BTW I went to PC World last night to look at printers and when I explained what I needed it for and that occasionaly I would be printing card the assistant said he wasnt sure if any of the printers I was looking at would do that and the best bet was for me to contact say Epson direct and find out exactly which ones would. He could then order the exact printer for me.

I have to say that this heartened me as it showed me that he was more bothered about good customer service than just selling a printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…