What PDA to buy

nar 22:48 07 Nov 06

I am looking to get a PDA at Xmas for around the £100 mark new or second hand but not sure what to look for or what is best (new or secondhand)?

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Sorry a bit vague but really not sure what to look for.

sean-278262 00:24 08 Nov 06

What do you want to do with it. Considering PDAs these days are quite versatile. I have a Palm treo 650 which is sim free that I got on ebay for £110 plus postage. It is a smart phone, so a phone with PDA functions. Palm OS is considered the best OS of all PDA formats. Friends of mine have windows mobile powered units. One guy was showing me his one for the first time running Windows and it crashed when adding my number, so was not exactly what I would call reliable. Look for big names. Smaller companies tend to have no support for users and just dont do the business.

My 650 was a bargain as they are about £150 usually. However you can certainly get a Treo 600 (just as good but without bluetooth) with a 1gb memory card and maybe a carry case for your money. Do check the battery life of any you buy second hand as they do degrade and try to get a case for it. There are plenty of bargains to be had.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5