what pc should i buy?

smcg69 11:45 30 Jul 05

I am interested in buying a new pc but i don't have a clue what to buy. Its primary purpose will be for gaming but i will also want to use it to play and burn cds and dvds and i will use it for school work. I have about 1200 euro to spend. Is that enough to get a decent gaming pc? if so what would you suggest i buy?

ade.h 16:14 30 Jul 05

That is a very general question and hence quite difficult to answer. I suggest that you take your time in deciding a brand and model while carefully reading a range of good PC magazines such as PCW and PC Pro (though since your post mentions euros, are you outside the UK?) Look for a pattern in PC magazine group tests (some of which focus on gaming PCs) and you'll soon work out which brands are good bets and which should be avoided. Once you've picked a brand, come back here and search the forum to get a picture of customer satisfaction and reliability. Ample praise and few complaints are good signs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…