What PC to run Solidworks?

andy625 09:56 23 Jan 07

I am interested in purchasing a pc which is capable of running a 3D CAD program called Solidworks. I currently use Solidworks at work and am looking for a machine to use at home.

I am on a very tight budget and need the machine with the minimum spec required to run this program, eg. I do not need a big screen.

Ideally I would like a laptop, however I am not sure if there is one available with the necessary spec of graphics card, and in any case I appreciate that this will be a more expensive option. I have been advised that a graphics card with 256Mb of memory is a good idea.

The minimum requirements listed by the Solidworks company are shown here:

click here

Can anyone give me details of specific machines that would meet my requirements? Or is anyone using a machine that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:31 23 Jan 07
  andy625 13:48 23 Jan 07

Thanks for the link Gandalf, I'm trying to find one on a budget though. I was hoping someone may have done something similar, recently.

I don't need a big hard drive, sound card, dvd writer etc. Just the bare minimum. Sounds like teh 256mb graphics and 2Gb memory are the important bits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…