What is my rights

Taw® 22:43 30 Sep 04

Bought a graphics card back in April just a cheap 64mb nvidia. The 3d acceleration has stopped working. If i test it on dx the comp freezes. Definately my card is kapput. Anyway I have no receipt and have thrown away the box but I can show proof of purchase through switch. is it unreasonable for me to take it back was only £44

JonnyTub 23:07 30 Sep 04

you need to be absolutely sure it's a card related problem and not a pc setting, try the card in a friend's machine.

spuds 23:18 30 Sep 04

Your rights click here

JonnyTub 23:31 30 Sep 04

good site spuds!!

Baledor 10:15 01 Oct 04

Your manufacturers warranty should be no less than 1 year from the date of sale, assuming that the item was not 'grey' or refurbished. Your contract of sale rests with the shop or store who sold you the item. Although due to the time that has expired it is not unreasnoble for them to send the card back to the manufacturer for testing, and assuming the card is faulty offer you a repair or replacement. I doubt if you would be able, or be entitled, to get your money back.

Your Switch receipt should be enough proof of purchase, providing it shows the name of the shop, time and date of purchase.

Taw® 20:07 01 Oct 04

excellent site spuds Baledor thanks for the simplififcation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…