What motherboard and processor

Saltyseadog 18:01 24 Sep 04

I would appreciate some help in selecting a new motherboard and processor to upgrade my computer setup. I currently have a Mesh Matrix computer which I am very happy with but would like to update, I have been given an ATI Radeon 9700 graphics card by my brother but it is not being fully utilised by the motherboard which is an Asus A7A266 with an Athlon 1.4Ghz - DDR CPU(266Mhz). I'm running XP Home. The hardware resides in an ATX midi tower case with a 300W PSU.
I don't wish to spend too much money and I am therefore not looking at the latest processors but preferably a decent processor/motherboard bundle that won't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions please?

Dorsai 18:49 24 Sep 04

It would help other help you if re-posted this thread in the help room, and also let us know what you main use of the PC is.

Horses for courses and all that.

A Pc for the latest games would have different suggestions than a Pc for just surfing, ditto a PC for Video editing.

Hope this helps you work out what you are trying to achieve with the upgrade.

fuzzyone 19:33 24 Sep 04

you could do a lot worse than look here.click here

Saltyseadog 19:34 24 Sep 04

Many thanks Dorsai I'll transfer this to the helproom and add your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…