What a Mesh!

lazza 16:05 17 Jul 05

I bought a top of the line Mesh desktop for my business in April, 2004, mainly because of a brilliant review this magazine gave it. The model in question is a Mesh Matrix64 3200 + Max. From the start the machine was never very stable and I'd hold my breath every time it started-up to see if it would load of crash. Finally, in September 2004 it totally died, a technician came out and said it would have to go back to the shop. It is currently back at the shop for a 3rd time and has been unusable since that day in late September. We paid a lot of money for this machine and out of 16 months ownership, I have been able to use it for just 5 months. When the computer went back to Mesh the 2nd time I sent a letter asking them to fix it for good, send me a new one, or refund my money. It wouldn't even start-up when I got it back! I have had to buy another computer to run the business with and the time spent loading software, downloading updates, and configuring the system, it takes days. When I call Mesh, it takes between 20 minutes and 1 hour (if I hold on that long) all the while listening to an infuriating voice telling me "How important my call is!" Rubbish. Mesh may make good computers...sometimes, but mine is a lemon and the customer service has been appalling and so has their product. I don't think a new computer is unreasonable with an apology and some sort of compensation. I really am at my wits end with them.
Larry Prinz

johnnyrocker 17:36 17 Jul 05

write to them at their staples corner office to the legal team quoting your story and asking for all the information they hold on you under dpa, the likely response from the service manager will be an offer of replacement, rebuild or money back.
it was with me

johnny.

jul 18:29 17 Jul 05

I had this with a Local shop who built me a computer to the spec I wanted, only for them to have it back about every 2 months, so I insisted on a full refund which I got purely because it was not fit for the purpose I brought it for.
I then went to a very large well Known Company who I would never use again for a system.
Get back to mesh and tell them what you expect from them, if all else fails get legal advice.
I have a mesh Machine and am very happy with it, but you need them to sort it out and give you a refund or a replacement 1 that works how it should do.

spuds 23:16 17 Jul 05
  MESH Support 11:52 18 Jul 05

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Mesh PC.

I've received and responded to your email.

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…