What laptop should I buy?

Nassa 11:01 13 Jun 06

Hey guys, I've had a laptop now for about 2 years and decided I want to get another one. I was wondering if I could give you the minimum specification and hopefully you could provide me with some information. Thanks

Minimum spec:

Display -- 15 inch
DDR SD RAM -- Any size
Graphics -- 64MB (but would like 128)
USB Sockets -- 3 or more
Hard drive capacity -- 40GB
Processor -- 2Ghz / 256KB minimum cache memory
Optical Drives -- CD-RW

I havent really got that much im on a budget of £500 max, so I dont know if you can provide me with anything, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks

rmcqua 11:12 13 Jun 06
  Diodorus Siculus 12:07 13 Jun 06

What's the spec of the one you have? I'vea two year old machine that is close to the spec you posted above so you may be able to add more RAM / hard disk and save yourself some money!

mod_sami 12:48 13 Jun 06

Dell have a few laptops that meets those specs. if you keep ur eye out u might even find them at stores like tescos!

Sami

Jackcoms 15:12 13 Jun 06

"depends what price range you are looking for"

Err, read the final paragraph of Nassa's post.

wjrt 16:37 13 Jun 06

almost

click here

Jimmy14 16:47 13 Jun 06

I don't think that you will be able to purchase a laptop with a 2Ghz processor at that budget. Laptops with 2Ghz processors will be at least £900/£1000 unless you find a Amd Sempron laptop because that is a basic processor then maybe you would get one for that for the budget you put in but not any good 2Ghz processor for that price

click here
click here
click here

Jimmy14 16:48 13 Jun 06

£20 over £500 budget but very good spec for the price
click here

Nassa 19:20 13 Jun 06

Thanks for the replies everyone, you have given me some great laptop choices and I think i will act on the suggestions. So see ya later!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…