What laptop to buy? Rock or AJP?

jam2morrow 16:25 07 Mar 03

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a laptop PC. My original budget was £1000 but I am prepared to stretch that up to £1300 to try and future-proof the PC.

I had shortlisted the Rock Quaddra XS 2.4b which I scored highly for its looks and 3yr C&R warranty. However, I read a review for a Quaddra notebook this month and it was marked down for its terrible graphics performance and harsh display. I then saw an advertisment for AJP's 5600D which features a stunning high resolution screen and decent graphics card. It is the same price except only has a 2yr RTB warranty.

At the moment my only computing needs are the internet, wordprocessing and buring CDs. I would also want to be able to watch DVDs on the laptop. In the future I may get into other applications.

Any advice? Thanks.

James

AndySD 17:16 07 Mar 03

Try going click here and type in

AJP Review

Hi James,
I’ve been looking for a good laptop as well. The one I’m presently looking at has a P4 running at 2.4G, also has 64M graphics powering a 15” display, along with 512Mb RAM and a huge 60Gb hard drive, not to mention a DVD/CD-RW combo drive. It’s the precision 2200. You can find it at click here all for just over a grand!

DaHool 21:01 08 Mar 03

I too have been looking for a laptop, the one you have referred to FizziKs looks like the MultiVision Ionix. Can you tell any differences? Well worth the money i think.

bigdamouk 01:47 09 Mar 03

i use a Sony Vaio PCG and cant fault them....supurb build quality, amazing screen, good specs aswell....mine has a combi cd/dvd/cdrw 2 pcmia slots 2 usb slot ethernet port, firewire, and a whole host of serial ports.

If its quality your after then i highly recommend Sony!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now