What has happened to Demon

HighTower 11:22 11 Aug 04

I remember when Demon Internet were THE isp. Seems like it's all gone horribly wrong. I have been emailing repeatedly asking for information, advice and services to go with showroom accounts that a couple of businesses I administer websites for own.

One of my queries remains unreplied to (not just unresolved!) after several emails and 12 months. Another query enquiring about php and mysql facilities remains unanswered after three attempts and around 4 weeks. And yes, I do have the correct email address! :-)

I have developed a number of fairly big sites now and have had no problems with other hosts, most of whom will respond to me the same day, never mind the same year. The only issues I have are with two sites on Demon servers, which incidentally are also the most expensive.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Consumer section of Web Design, so apologies if its in the wrong place. Does anyone else have any issues with Demon, or they just ignoring ME!

Forum Editor 18:35 11 Aug 04

I pass their offices almost every day.

click here

HighTower 09:09 12 Aug 04

I'm sure they are still around, I'm just wondering why they have let their standards drop so much!

Stuartli 11:09 12 Aug 04

What compels you to believe they have let their standards drop so much?

These people seem very happy...:-)

click here

HighTower 11:31 12 Aug 04

As in my initial post, they just won't talk to me, help me or even correspond with me. I was told twice that a supervisor would call me and help me out and nothing has ever happened. I've telephoned and emailed but they just won't respond. The longest I've waited before giving up was 4 months. That was to set up an e-commerce site which normally takes 10 days. I'm still mailing every month to ask for an explanation as to why after seven faxes, four telephone calls and countless emails they havent moved forward with it! Its been over a year now. We since went with a different provider but as far as Demon are concerned I've never actually cancelled anything and am still waiting for their response.

In June I asked for information on setting up mySQL and php on their showroom account. Nothing came back, mailed again two weeks later, nothing came back so went with another provider.

I suppose it doesn't really affect me that much as all I will do is move business elsewhere. I currently maintain around 30 websites and add to that at a rate of around 3 a month, so although I'm not the biggest creator of sites in the world it's a little bit of business that they certainly won't get from me.

Stuartli 13:16 12 Aug 04

Here's some contacts:

click here

Why not write to the head of the company or the department with which you are dealing and detail what has happened and your considerable disappointment at Demon's lack of response?

HighTower 13:22 12 Aug 04

I think you are right!

Old fashioned letters will probably be the way. As I mentioned, I don't want to use them now but I still think I at least deserve an explanation so feel I should pursue it.

Thanks for your opinions, I'll let you know the outcome, in 6 months probably ;-).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…