what happen to my warranty to my carrera pc

bibo1465 22:55 06 Feb 05

hi everyone
Please i need your help. I bought a carrera pc last November, i am so happy with this pc.for my shock i found out the Digital Networks had gone into administration.

I bought extended warranty for 5 years for software support 24/7/365, and 3 years warranty for hardware support 24/7/365.

I called technical support, they said to me they can't support the hardware warranty anymore.

I received a letter from Network Digital telling me about the administration,and the hardware support had been changed from 3 years warranty 24/7/365 to either: -i year return to base warranty for carrera desktop including parts and labour £40.00.

-2 years return to base warranty for carrera desktop including parts and labour £60.00.

-2 years ON SITE warranty for your carrera Desktop,parts and labour £100.00.(including 24 hour support for hardware support).

I am going to buy the 2 years on site warranty £100.00, do you think?

Thank you for your help in advance.

I hope to hear from you soon.
bibo

Starfox 23:03 06 Feb 05

You bought 5 years extended warranty with the pc and now you are going to pay out again for warranty because Carrera have gone bust.

Is this warranty with the company that ownned Carrera or something new.Whichever it is I should think carefully before parting with more money if I were you.

My true thoughts on this matter would be deleted I am afraid.

Mortticia 23:10 06 Feb 05

Does Digital Network and Network Digital have a similar sound to your ears.No offence but surely you can't be serious.

TomJerry 23:42 06 Feb 05

PCs are normally need replacing every 3 years, 5 years warrenty is not very useful

my view is that do not throw good money after bad

josie mayhem 00:38 07 Feb 05

Before parting with any more money (exspecaily fr a company that sounds very much like the origianl)

I would concider two things:

1, That most hardware will become faulty within the manufacturing warentey,

2, When it comes to software problems, forums like this one are open 24/7, and are free (and if the worst comes to the worst and you can't get onto the net, I know that pcadvisor mag, do a really good phone help line, with some really good support deals, you might have to pay a prium line rate, but they do a ring back and set price thingy, and when you think about it this is norm for any company, but with out the paying for the number in the first place)

And then when you think about the speed anything becomes out dated, a five year warrenty isn't worth the paper it's written on!

The best advice is to give the administraters of Carrera a phone, they should be able to give the info concerning who took over the comapany, also check your household insurance, had there will be somethings you willl be ablke to claim under them concerning your computer kit, but also they might themselves have a policey that more than covers what you want, and at a lower cost.

HXP 02:42 07 Feb 05

I am in the same boat my 5 year warranty is defunct.

In a years time my 3.7 amd 64 will be entry level or below, my graphics card Nvidia 6800 AGP is already old now all PCI express, my 160 gb HDD is still big but 250 gb about already. Each individual component is about £80 with the exception of the graphics card. in a years time they will be half those prices.

I am not sure if a RTB warranty is worth it as I think if a component went I could buy & fit for less ( apart from video card ). If 2 or three things go then I made a bad choice in not taking up the warranty.

My machine is working fine and I think if it's been running for a few months then it should run ok for a long time. I am going to take the chance and if the machine fails - well I am stupider than I look I guess.

I had thought about trying my credit card company as I used it to buy PC. What does anyone else reckon ?

HXP

spuds 17:27 07 Feb 05

If you purchased your warranty separate or as part of the computer deal, then you might have a claim against your credit card company or computer loan finance company,under the terms of 'Equal Liability' Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.[This rule doe's not apply to debit card transactions]

Check with the money provider first,and do not purchase another warranty, no matter how tempting.You may find that on initial approach, the credit card or finance company may try to ignore your request for advice and assistance. Put pressure on them, and mention that you are claiming under the above Act.

I would mention that there as been recent confusion as to the above Act, when third party suppliers have been involved, especially in the Power House saga. Barclaycard had found a legal loophole in the above Act, but it is now doing what other banks are doing, and considering all claims.

bibo1465 21:20 07 Feb 05

Hi everyone

I would like to thank all of you how replied to my thread so quickly concerning to buy extended warranty to my hardware support.

Today i called the salesman in carrera(this is the man i ordered the pc with), he was so helpful and so polite.

I called him today and spoke to him about the hardware support, he said to me that your pc in not supported anymore,It means if something happened to my pc i will pay for everything,(delivery to carrera,pay for parts and labour, pay for everything).

-I don't know what to do?
-Shall i buy the extended warranty or not?

Please give me your advise.

Thank you for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
habib

Kansenji 21:11 10 Feb 05

Literally, SAVE it & then pay someone locally to sort out any problems you have; it will always be cheaper in the long run.

Companies that offer extended warranties MAKE JUICY PROFITS FROM THEM; only a fraction of the money you pay them goes towards putting your problems right. That is why the resulting service you receive is often extremely poor.

If you can avoid panicking when calamity strikes your PC, you can often sort out problems yourself by either trial & error, uninstalling recently installed software (I now find recent Norton Antivirus & Firewall software causes all sorts of problems) or sometimes by using Windows XP's System Restore feature.

Starfox 22:28 10 Feb 05

That's the best bit of advice yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…