What ever happens insurance

123pete 00:13 27 Dec 05

2 out of 3 of my laptop usb ports have stoped working. Its a toshiba A60 199. I called the whatever happens help desk and they have arrange to pick it up.
Just wanted to know of any expierences people my of had with this model and the whatever happens service.
Thankyou.

AndySD 02:29 27 Dec 05

I cant help with the company...sorry

But before letting it go...

Do copy as much as you can to a CDR or DVD as I can see that they may just format the drive and reinstall. If that is the case all the information you have on the pc will be lost.

As a minimum copy the "My Documents" folder.

Do you use the laptop to browse the internet and do you use Outlook or Outlook Express and if so do you need help on how to back these up?

Bebee 08:22 27 Dec 05

Good advice on the backing up - I had the usb ports stop working on a Toshiba Satellite P10. It went back under guarantee and had the motherboard replaced, so it came back completely wiped and reinstalled. I fortunately had backed up as I had done a reinstall to try and sort out the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…