What do you think of Office 2003 Prices?

Steven135 12:51 24 Sep 03

I am amazed at the pricing of the new Microsoft Office system why do we pay so much more than the US?

I was thinking of upgrading but don't know if I'll bother.

What do you think? Are the prices reasonable?

I use PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Word every day I have tried the free/cheap office suites but they just don't provide the features I need.

click here

Steven135 12:53 24 Sep 03

Sorry click here

Steven135 12:56 24 Sep 03

Sorry again trying to use Tiny URL don't know if this is right:

click here

Djohn 12:58 24 Sep 03

Not having much luck this morning, are we ;o)

-pops- 13:05 24 Sep 03

I, too use a number of the components of M$ Office on a daily basis but it is going to be difficult to persuade me to move to this new version after only paying out a significant amount for the Office XP version just over a year ago.

Steven135 13:31 24 Sep 03

No give it up for a bad job the prices on Amazon are:

Office Pro Upgrade £269 Full £429

Jester2K II 18:15 24 Sep 03

No. Not interested.... I paid a simalar amount about 18 months ago to go from 97 to XP....... XP'll do me for now...

The Paul 09:30 26 Sep 03

Good point Steven, why do we pay so much more than those in the US. It is surely not all down to carriage. Its annoying that we appear to be charged so much more. Any ideas anyone? Of course, there is really very little we could do about it anyhow.

Sir Radfordin 10:11 26 Sep 03

As a student the prices don't look to bad - what will be the deciding factor though is if Access is included in the student version. If it isn't there is no chance of me upgrading.

The Paul 10:15 26 Sep 03

But why the difference in prices???

tenplus1 10:26 26 Sep 03

I've just given up using M$ Office completely and switched to OpenOffice.org 1.1 instead...

It does all the neat things Office does with a whole load of new features thrown in... and... it loads/saves Office documents so I can still use all my files without a problem...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…