What do you recon of this one then?

Cymro. 16:10 28 Oct 09

click here

Very good value I think.

Cymro. 16:18 28 Oct 09

click here

At the bottom of the first link it says
"For computers configured with 4 GB of system memory, the full system memory space for computing activities will be considerably less and will vary by model and system configuration".

So what does all that meaning then? Do you get 4GB of RAM or not?

GaT7 16:29 28 Oct 09

You will get 4Gb of physical RAM, but as it has a 32bit OS all the 4Gb won't be addressable. You can read about it at click here.

Here's a review of the laptop - it only received 3/5 stars from CA click here. G

Cymro. 17:13 28 Oct 09

It seems more than powerful enough for my needs but I don`t fancy having a separate CD/DVD drive and anyway the extra cost of one makes it less of a bargain.

GaT7 18:07 28 Oct 09

What will you be using the laptop for?

Ebuyer have a fairly good range starting at £320 click here.

Try to get one with Windows 7 pre-installed. Note that the 'free Win7 upgrade' mentioned with some models aren't usually 'free', as they will charge you for the media & delivery. G

curofone 18:25 28 Oct 09

are we sure it comes with 32 bit os? the last 4 or 5 aldi deals that i have seen come with a 32 bit os pre installed and a 64 bit OS on DVD.

i cant see anything on the medion or aldi website that says what comes preinstalled and if anything else comes in the box

GaT7 18:34 28 Oct 09

curofone, you're probably right.

I reckon most users won't opt for an OS reinstall, so will be wondering why the 4Gb they paid for is not showing up as 4Gb in 32-bit Windows - I guess they make that disclaimer to protect themselves. G

Cymro. 16:19 29 Oct 09

Just surfing and Emailing but fancy going for Windows7 pre installed. No hurry but may get a new laptop from Santa Claus.

GaT7 15:24 30 Oct 09

Well, if it's only going to be for basic tasks, then a basic spec will do.

I hope Santa is listening in - forward him a link to this thread. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…