What do you all think off Acer laptops

suburban train 21:57 16 Feb 03

I havent heard of Acer before but ive had a brouchere sent to me and they look a pretty good companny.

Have a look at www. dabs.com and use quicklinx code 25MRWS and its a Acer TravelMate 225X Cel 1.33GHz 128MB 20GB XP Home for £727.

Is this a good price and are Acer a good company who build quality machines.

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Acer, please tell

Cheers

Barry-273472 22:15 16 Feb 03

I bought my daughter an Acer laptop over two years ago, for Christmas 2000. Good spec. for the time and very well priced.

She is a student and thus it has been used extensively; carted around halls of residence; used for presentations; not to mention being packed up and moved between home and uni on numerous occasions.

So far, so good. No problems, battery still operates well, rarely crashes. Never had to contact service so can't comment! Hope this continues as it is now out of warranty.

Current models are good value. Also looking at Medion but I would certainly buy another Acer.

toothwright 13:40 17 Feb 03

Bought an Acer Aspire from my local shop last month - early days yet but no problems - very pleased with it. The guarantee (2 years collect & return) is better than some.
Had one small query for which I contacted the helpdesk - call answered within one minute and sorted out within 90 seconds - excellent service

Stuartli 13:59 17 Feb 03

Most laptops are built by a handful of companies (mostly in Taiwan) and are rebranded by other manufacturers or brand names.

PCA ran a feature on this subject last year - it could be worth looking it up. I could be wrong, but I think Acer builds its own designs and also rebadges them; however, perhaps it's the other way round..-)

Stuartli 14:00 17 Feb 03

The point I was going to make - and overlooked - was that a rebadged version may have exactly the same specifications as an Acer, but be cheaper to buy.

I had a Acer laptop for 3 years and had no troble and it was very fast. but then I dropped a few to many times and it stopped working :-( but that was my fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…