What Digital Camera

gcs_uk 14:56 28 Jan 04

Want to buy a digital camera for my daughter - dont want to spend a fortune. In fact looking to spend less than a hundred pounds.

What would anyone recommend - I did buy a PC World own brand digital camera for about 30pounds and to say it was crap was an understatement.

I totally understand that you get what you pay for but would like to get a camera that can take decent photos and maybe have some half decent software thrown in as well.

TIA

byfordr 15:30 28 Jan 04

You should be able to pick up something like a Fujifilm Digital Q1 or Olympus C-220 Zoom
for around £80. You can normally get them with extra memory for a little more. click here]

Your best bet is to try out a few cameras in a shop and get a feel for what they are like. £100 doesn't give you a massive choice. You should be able to get a 2mp or above. Look for optical zoom, as digital zoom is next to useless. Head online for the best prices

click here click here click here

hth

R

sohaib 20:31 28 Jan 04

I have been looking for cheap cameras too!

and fuji come at a good quality!

Try the A205 around (£99) or A210, which is a little bit more expensive!

shizzy 20:59 28 Jan 04

This camera although just over the £100 on some websites and a bit more instore faired very well in reviews and even came out top against more exspensive cameras in one PC magazine. Having had one of the cheapest in the Kodak for 3 years I was very pleased with the pictures and it was only 1megapixel. They are also very easy to use.

ffcforever 21:01 28 Jan 04

Bought one of these at a Computer Show in Milton Keynes for just £69 the week bfore last.

Dabs.com sell it also for just over £100.

3.1 Megapixels interpolated and the picture quality is outstanding.

Have taken a picture of my Triumph Stag outside my house put it as a background on my laptop - connected to a large interactive whiteboard at work the children at the school were gobsmacked -better quality than the Sony Mavica's we use and they cost a fortune!

Sheila-214876 21:40 28 Jan 04

Minimum spec 2mp with 3x optical zoom. Do not pick one that has only got digital zoom. Go to click here select Electronics, Digital Cameras select your price range and browse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…