What computer should I buy? - help please

biggywee 13:30 23 Oct 08

Hi, My computer is on it's way out and I'm thinking of getting a new one. I use it mostly for Internet, Downloading, I-Tunes and a bit of Gaming. Been looking at Dell but have just spent 2 days getting nowhere - their customer service is shocking and has really put me off.
Anyway I wanted to ask for some advice on what to buy. I would like Quad Core, pretty big hard drive, decent graphics card etc. Base only, have got decent monitor, keyboard etc.
Any models out there I should look at? lookinhg to spend about &700/&800 but maybe a bit more if it looks good.
Any thoughts on Zoostorm?
Any help very much appreciated.

isca2 16:02 23 Oct 08

Have a look at this site. I have bought from Cougar and and very pleased with the pc. There are other comments re Cougar on this site if you do a search.

click here

robbiepaul79 20:17 23 Oct 08

It is very difficult choice as to where to buy systems from these days, so many good and bad stories about most places.

Take a look at

click here
click here
click here

I have heard more good than bad from these ones.

biggywee 23:23 23 Oct 08

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at these sites, also ARBICO. Hard to decide between them.

Graham. 23:41 23 Oct 08
  biggywee 23:55 23 Oct 08

Graham, Tempting.....I've been looking at a higher spec model from Zoostorm. Do you find it ok? Any problems? Would appreciate your thoughts. Did you buy it 'pre-built' or did you have the option to customise it? Thanks

Graham. 08:16 24 Oct 08

I just had the 'as-is' model. Only thing I've done is uninstall Onecare and installed AVG Free and Spywareblaster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…