What can I do in this instance?

Why wont it work 11:03 06 Apr 07

I bought my laptop in February. The same model is still sold with the following revised spec (mine has a T5600 1.83ghz, 100gb, 2gb ram and Windows MCE).

Asus A7Cc
Intel Centrino Core 2 Due T5500 1.66 GHz, 64bit
1024 Mb DDRII 667 (1024 x1)
HD SATA 120 GB 5400 RPM
17" TFT (WXGA+, Colour Shine)
ATI Mobility™ Radeon™ X1450 128 (512 MB HyperMemory™ Technology)
DVD Re-Writer Dual Double Layer (LightScribe Technology)
Gigabit Lan, 802.11g, 5x USB 2.0, 1xIEEE 1394, Parallel
Built-in Bluetooth
Web Camera built-in (1.3 million pixels)
Hybird(Analog & Digital) TV/FM Tuner
Vista Home Premium

On the website it was detailed as having lightscribe, and today I have found out it does not. In fact it has exactly the same dvd drive as my old lappy which i knew didn't have lightscribe. I am unsure what to do as it was one of the factors which made me lean towards this laptop. However at the same time I love this laptop, and they no longer sell the model with the spec I have currently. I just feel that I have paid for something that I haven't got. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks

bremner 11:16 06 Apr 07

If it is not specified as described when you bought it, then take it back and ask for the Lightscribe DVD to be fitted as that is what you paid for.

wee eddie 12:54 06 Apr 07

e.g. a receipt with the Advertised Specification on it or a copy of the Web Page.

Then you should be able to get some form of restitution, but I would not expect the addition of the drive you want.

Totally-braindead 12:57 06 Apr 07

bremner has the right idea, go to them and explain politely but firmly that when you bought it, it was advertised as having Lightscribe and you have just discovered it hasn't and that the only reason you bought this particular one instead of another was because it had Lightscribe and the other one didn't and explain you expect to have the specification that the PC said it was.

Do you by any chance have any documentation that proves it was described originally as having Lightscribe?

If not and you have no record of what it said then they might just refuse to help. I'm not sure as to how you stand legally if they get differcult if you cannot prove it was described as having Lightscribe. But speaking to them first would seem the logical start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…