what is best privacy software?

chelsea11 19:14 24 Nov 04

My father insists our computer should be able to fend off any cheeky website operators. Although I think this is being unneccessarily paranoid, there seem to be a lot of software options out there but very little in the way of recommendations or ratings from experts. Any advice as to which software I should get for basic home computer use of the web would be gratefully received. Thanks. Mark

chelsea11 19:18 24 Nov 04

Sorry, just re-read message and thought I should make it clear that I am not talking about anti-virus or ad-blocker software, I'm talking about the 'kill history' & 'evidence blaster' types that can scour your computer to remove all traces of links to sites etc. Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:24 24 Nov 04

click here is one of the better ones and will probably be enough assuming that you lay off the Pr0n sites. As the Net is a freely open resource, the words 'privacy' and Internet' can never be used in the same sentence.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…