What is best to do?

rickf 16:43 09 Dec 03

HI All,
I ordered a CPU from Micro Direct and cancelled within half an hour. Spoke to one of their operatives who said it had then been cancelled and any monies taken would be refunded on my CC. Today I received the CPU via Amtrak. Should I just send it back or talk to them first? Under distance selling I have 7 days to return it. Will they refund my postage as I intend to do it by speacial delivery so that the parcel can be tracked.

recap 20:06 09 Dec 03

I would return the item as you have cancelled it. Enquire first as to whether they will refund the postage, then you can decide if you do send it via special delivery or normal post.

rickf 22:15 09 Dec 03

Thanks recap.

spuds 23:36 09 Dec 03

Contact Micro Direct and explain that you had cancelled before despatch, and you will hold them responsible for any charges. When you cancelled did you obtain the person's name that you informed of your cancellation, if not things could prove a little more difficult.

I would also suggest that a number of companies now,stipulate in their terms and conditions,and which most people agree to [invisably], that they will not receive returned goods without a RMA number.This is your safeguard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…