What are the best DVD-R disks

Tjsuk11 10:55 03 Feb 04

I have recently purchased a dvd writer, after finding the best cd-r over the years i now have to start again with dvd-r. What is a recomended disk and how much should i be paying ?
For information the drive i have brought is made by MSI.

1514 12:55 03 Feb 04

click here

You can try this, I find them excellent and I ask for the cheapest postage and they usually get here the next day

Jonathan314159 13:08 03 Feb 04

Would be really useful if anyone had any advice about quality - ie how reliable discs are, not just for immediate use but in the longer term.

There was a link to a site which had tested CD-Rs on a thread here not long ago, but they did not look at DVDs.

Stuartli 13:51 03 Feb 04

Both Pioneer and Imation claim that life expectancy of DVD media is 100 years:

"Pioneer DVD-R media provides 100 years' life expectancy and is compatible with most DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players" is a quote from Pioneerelectronics.com website.

But none of us will hang around long enough to find out....:-)

Stuartli 13:52 03 Feb 04

In fact Imation claims more than 100 years(!):

click here

Stuartli 13:57 03 Feb 04

Even more amazing are the CD-R estimations at one website:

"Media life expectancy is (by most projections) over 50 years. For some dye/manufacturing combinations estimations are as optimistic as to claim it to be over 250 years!"

click here

Does anyone else believe in reincarnation...:-)

Smiler 15:01 03 Feb 04

Go her click here for the specs of your recorder.

Go here click here for a list of media

go here click here for the latest firmware to support more media

I have this model but I have not updated the firmware yet. I am using bulkpaq dvd+r at the moment.

scotty 16:21 03 Feb 04

Loads of information at click here

Rayuk 18:50 03 Feb 04

Look for disks using Ritek G004 dye

Tjsuk11 09:16 04 Feb 04

Thanks for all the replys, i have seen several disks now that are possibilities.
How much should i expect to pay as there is huge differences in price ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…