What an ace company Seagate are..

Magik ®© 20:14 24 Sep 04

Just a plug for Seagate, I got one of their hard disk drives for my laptop, and they could not have given me more help if thay had wanted to, after i emailed them because i could not sort out the connections, they replied within a couple of hours, this is part of their email they have just sent.....after i wrote and told them they had sorted it..

"That's great news, as I have been kind of worried I had given you bad
information. Even though our Compatibility Labs said it will work, I was
beginnning to wonder. Hopefully, this drive will give your laptop a long
life. Thanks for letting me know, Ron!"

Gaz 25 23:09 24 Sep 04

Their HDD's are very reliable, and never needed to use their support.

I agree that they do seem a good company.

goonerbill © ® 10:35 25 Sep 04

Must say that appears very good service but never had any need to contact them. have always used there hard drives and never had any problems ( through away an old 420mb hard drive recently and it still worked) but at least i know that if i do how quick they are.

Forum Editor 10:46 25 Sep 04

is a perfect example of how to do it. Superb products + excellent customer service + total lack of fuss and bother = successful business.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:40 25 Sep 04

I contacted Western Digital, via their support site, when I bought my second WD Raptor, for advise on getting the best out of a RAID 0 setup. Their response was also, like Seagate, quick, friendly and helpful on both occasions. Both times their reply was soon followed by a form for my feedback about my experience with their support service.

Gaz 25 19:03 25 Sep 04

I have an old seagate drive and it's not failed yet.

Seagate also have good reliability reports and best of all, they are quite cheap drives.

Dorsai 19:37 25 Sep 04

Is this the HDD that you got and at first, on the advice of segate, could not get to fit?

Either way, well done segate, following up on their advice, and fixing your problem.

Magik ®© 20:37 25 Sep 04

I ask seagate if they made one to fit a Dell, and they replied in a couple of hours, with which one.......ordered it, but the pins on the end did not reach, so wrote to seagate, who again replied within hours, telling me they would reply again within 24 hours, after they had spoken with their labs..the reply was there when i switched on the next morning...telling me the pins on the end of the old drive can be prised off then fitted to the new drive...
and they were right......sorted...

now some might say, i should have known, but it had me fooled..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…