What A3 printer should I buy

numbskull 13:09 12 Mar 04

We need to purchase an A3 printer which give good quality (professional quality not essential) photographic printing without spending a fortune. What do you recommend?

byfordr 13:24 12 Mar 04

I know both the Canons on this link are supposed to be pretty good. click here=(A3&id=649236645

click here=

AndySD 14:02 12 Mar 04

We use the Epson 1290 excelent prints and not to expensive but its not the latest technology. click here

byfordr 14:47 12 Mar 04

Review of the Canon 9100 (6* highly recommended) click here Reviews, archive search on a3 printers
(You may need to sign up)

R

shifty 17:00 12 Mar 04

Have a look at the HP 1220C Professional Series, I got mine for £189.00 at PC world. Use it mainly for printing digital images and it's superb. The colour definiton is brilliant and the quality of prints excellent. The ink cartridges etc are readily available and re-fillable and not chipped. I use the printer daily and am currently using a re-furbished HP cartridge which is now on it's third re-fill.

numbskull 08:54 15 Mar 04

Thanks to all for your advice. We currently have an HP printer and have real problems with it telling us that the cartridges are empty when they are not and then not letting us replace (without physical force!) when it is empty. Are there ary printers which allow you to change the cartridge when you want to and not when they tell you they're empty. My old Canon wouild let you print forever even if nothing was appearing on the page but our Canon fax refuses to work when it thinks we have run out of ink even if it was printing perfectly the page before?

jg1990 17:10 15 Mar 04

I saw what you said about HP printers. However, not all models are like this - the 1220c (A3) that I use at work can use the cartridges even when they don't have ink in them!

I really suggest you go with the HP 1220c as it offers really amazing printouts.

Regards

James

numbskull 21:01 15 Mar 04

Many thanks, really appreciate the time you've all taken to help. Will look good at work when I come up with the amazing HP1220C as the best machine for the job!!

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…