What 17" TFT / LCD

bremner 18:17 18 May 04

I had placed an order with Ebuyer for the iiyama E431S (Top of PCA chart) but they have now informed me that they have discontinued this item as obtaining a supply was next to impossible.

Checking with other online suppliers reveals a similar story from them all.

Can anyone suggest an alternative please. It will be used for games and therefore requires a good response time.

ps A CRT is not an alternative

Thanks

g0nvs 18:46 18 May 04

Bought a LG 1710B 17" TFT 6 months ago & very, very pleased with it.Response time is 16ms so very good for gaming which i do a lot.Also has DVI in, handy if you have suitable graphics card or intend to upgrade in the future as well as having VGA input as well. Can't fault it.

bremner 19:08 18 May 04

Thanks will take a look.

Any more welcomed.

Mister Splendid 19:11 18 May 04

I can't remember the model name but Benq produce a 17" tft with a response time of just 12ms, the fastest in the business. I believe it is exspensive though.

bremner 19:32 18 May 04

The Benq is in the PCA top ten and as you say has a 12ms response time.

PCA sum it up as competant but unexciting !!

Thanks

Djohn 00:40 19 May 04

Toms hardware guide has a few on test on this page click here and if you go back to the home page then scroll down almost to the bottom of the review panels you will find a few more comparison test of TFT's. Hope this is of some help to you.

By the way I was reading in the guide that their are two main types of TFT display. PVA/MVA and TN+Film the former give a wider angle of view, the latter a faster response time but a more acute angle of viewing. It's mentioned in this review at the same site. click here

ch0pper 02:02 19 May 04

I bought a ProLite 431S and I'm staggered at how good the image is.

Try these people click here. They still have some in stock at a good price.

Chris

accord 06:21 19 May 04

Recently upgraded to an LG 1710S bought from Comet for £300. No dead pixels, superb display and cant fault it. I would have gone for the iiyama 17" but as my partner works at Comet I got 10% disc off of the above price. Bargain.

TomJerry 14:45 19 May 04

good

bremner 18:49 19 May 04

Djohn thanks for the review.

ch0pper thanks for the suggestion and e mail.
Just rang the company and they do have some of the silver case ones but have said no idea when or if they will get a black one or white one.

Only problem is a silver case doesn't match anything else so will keep on looking.

Thanks again to all who have made suggestions.

accord 23:22 19 May 04

bremner

have you tried click here they do iiyama TFTs click here I have bought quite abit from them and have had no problems what so ever and thoroughly recommend them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…