Newuser2 13:53 22 Oct 03

I must post a thread to praise Western Digital for their customer service. I purchased a WD hard drive from Dabs, it arrived & it was an OEM.
Just the drive. No idication on website as to OEM or Retail, Dabs resposne has at best been ???????
I called into Western Digitals local office & a very pretty lady supplied me with all the drivers, screws etc.
Free of charge even though I offered to pay.
Thats what I call service, will I buy Western Digital again. YES.
From Dabs what do you think.

Stuartli 14:09 22 Oct 03

Good to hear, especially as I'm on my second Western Digital HDD, a WD600JB...:-)

I got mine from Scan and it was also an OEM version but I already had all the bits and bobs and probably saved a considerable sum buying it in this form.

siouxah1 16:14 22 Oct 03

Hi there Newuser2.

As a matter of interest DABS have the package type under description on the individual item. It does state OEM for WD discs.

Regards Brian j

The Spires 10:39 29 Oct 03

I had a problem with a smallish 40 WD,(3 year warranty) after trying Western Digital recovery software I came to the conclusion it was dead. I entered my serial into the WD warranty site and was supplied with return label to print. Two weeks later it was returned via UPS. I still have almost two years warranty left, very happy with the service from WD.

Stuartli 12:01 29 Oct 03

It's the models ending with JB like mine that have the three rather than the one year warranty - it's worth noting if anyone is thinking of buying a WD hard drive.

It does usually mean a drive of slightly smaller capacity but the peace of mind is worth it as you have discovered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…