Western Digital HDD Warranty Support

RobCharles1981 18:31 23 Jan 09

Hi all

The other day the Sata Data Connector on my O/S Drive broke it all happens to the best of us, data was backed up.

The drive was brought in 2007 so my 3 years warranty is up on the drive brought from Overclockers.

So my thought was to goto Western Digital to process a warranty replacement (advanced) 3-5 Days turn around for a hard drive to ship and to send the defective drive back to them.

I'm thinking this bit of a long road, as I've been trying to email the support and have not had a response.

I'm thinking of ringing up to cancel and to order another hard disk?

What do you think?

Joe R 18:49 23 Jan 09

RobTheOranGuru,

you can call them on the following number, which deals with all European countries.

00800- 27549338

RobCharles1981 18:51 23 Jan 09

Number Gotten

Do you think its best I cancel this and just buy a new one because that would be the quickest way???

jimv7 19:34 23 Jan 09

"Bought in 2007 and 3 years warranty is up in 2009",

lost a year in there somewhere.

RobCharles1981 19:37 23 Jan 09

fair point well made jimv7!

Should I wait it out or cancel and buy another one ???

Stuartli 19:45 23 Jan 09

Unless it is absolutely vital that you use the data I would wait for WD to replace the hard drive.

I presume you've checked out the warranty period at:

click here

Western Digital changed its warranty coverage a while back, the period depending on the type of drive purchased.

RobCharles1981 19:55 23 Jan 09

Yeah I did Stuartli

I suppose there's no harm in ringing them to see if it can be canceled ??

I created it on Thursday 22nd Jan I'm just wondering would there be a change tomorrow I wonder ???

jimv7 20:10 23 Jan 09

I recently had to return a seagate HDD, emailed for an RMA on sunday afternoon, within an hour they replied with the RMA No.

Posted the drive monday morning, They emailed to say the drive had been recieved on Tues. Wed another email to report the new drive had been dispatched and recieved new drive Thur. am.

Very pleased with Seagates service.

I would wait for WD to reply to you.

RobCharles1981 20:20 23 Jan 09

Hi Jimv

Was that on the "Standard Service" or the Advanced Service?

With WD I did the advanced service 3-5 turn Turn around I have at least 30 Days to send the defective one back and I won't get charged.

jimv7 20:32 23 Jan 09

No idea if standard or advanced, I just followed the instructions on the seagate page.

RobCharles1981 20:33 23 Jan 09

ok thanks I will see what happens over the next day or so I will keep this thread updated.

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now