Wemail Providers

Criali 17:09 16 Nov 07

I have a webmail account with Homecall (Pipex). Recently I logged on to discover that a number of my folders had disappeared. Only one of my folders was left. I did not delete them. When I first contacted Pipex they advised that they had had a problem with their servers the week end prior to my logging on the webmail. Pipex deny any fault on their part for the missing folders. Has any one else encountered a similar problem with Pipex or with another webmail? Where do I stand? What recourse do I have against the Webmail Provider, if any?

Disillusioned!

Forum Editor 17:31 16 Nov 07

It's up to you to safeguard your data, not the webmail provider. No hosting company can possible give you a cast-iron guarantee that your data will be 100% safe. Many will come close, but there's always that one chance that something unexpected will happen - web servers aren't foolproof, although the big hosts have very sophisticated backup routines.

I'm afraid you'll have to put this down to experience, and make a resolution to back up anything of value as a matter of course in future - don't rely on other people to do it for you.

Criali 14:34 17 Nov 07

How do you back up messages/folders on webmail?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…