Well Done P C World... Didn't think i'd say that !

russmini 19:26 08 May 05

Went looking last night for a new optical mouse, i had had a play with Microsft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 at Staples but thougth £40 a tad bit on the pricey side, so had a look on loads of sites last night and believe it or not PCW beat everyone !, although it was a Web Exclusive, but thinking logically for once went through the ordering process, then when it said collect @ store, clicked on it, it then reserved the item in a localish store for me to pick up today, AT THE WEB EXCLUSIVE PRICE !!

So, PCW in store = £35

Web Exclusive = £22.94

Thats a saving of £12 or 35%

Just for having ordered it on the web & i got it today !!

Might start using this method a lot more from now on. Also at least it should be at the store as well if you have already reserved it !!

Pooke100 19:49 08 May 05

I bought one of those very mice, the platinum coloured one. I always use the [email protected] service and then go and get it. I got speakers half price this way and got a couple of quid of photo paper. It's great that they do this.....

russmini 20:13 08 May 05

Yeh, but how many other people realise about it
?!

I actually sent amazon an e-mail to let them know they had been outpriced by someone else, at the end of the day they have always been good to me on price & delivery so i let them know.

Yes mine is the platinum one, did want the charcoal / black one but not in offer, oh well missus prefers this one anyway.

Pooke100 20:46 08 May 05

not many people it, has been thrown up on the forum the odd time. PC World themselves don't even advertise it. The way I see it is their giving folk that don't use credit cards (like me til a few weeks ago) the chance to benefit from an online bargain price. If they advertised this service nationally no one would pay the regular instore prices.

Dizzy Bob 21:41 08 May 05

The system is quite new, about 6 weeks. I think that PCW probably want to check the system works OK before advertising it heavily. Nothing worse than promoting a service that falls over as soon as lots of people start to use it.

Dizzy Bob

russmini 19:12 22 May 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…