Well Done Mesh!

SURVEY 14:23 11 Mar 05

There are many critical postings relating to Mesh Computers and I must admit that I had a terrible time with the first Mesh computer that I purchased towards the end of last year. Eventually after several frustrating delays and callouts, misdiagnoses etc the faults were traced back to a defective motherboard. Mesh replaced that computer with a new one and for some time all has been working as one would expect.

On 8th March at 6pm my CDRW drive appeared to be playing up and I emailed Mesh technical using their website. Having had problems obtaining a response from this website on previous occasions last year I also copied the email to Davey Whyte. I had a reply from Davey very early the following morning stating that he would order a new drive and get an engineer out to fit it. By that time I thought that the drive may be working again so I emailed Davey and said to hold off the replacement and give me some time to confirm all as well. Within minutes Davey emailed me back and said that if it had been playing up it would be safer to replace the drive. I agreed and as it turned out the drive did continue to play up. I had a call the following day (10th) from the engineer and he fitted the drive today (11th). All this within 3 days (and really all within 2 days as my first message was late evening on the 8th March).

All credit to Davey for a prompt service and I have emailed him to thank him. Does this mean, I wonder, if Mesh have started to appreciate the value of customer service at last? Or is it all down to that one man Davey again?

Toolo 15:07 11 Mar 05

I ordered a Mesh computer based on reviews/costs but as we live 350 miles from London, I ended up cancelling the order because of comments about customer service on this forum. I accept things will go wrong with software but thinking about it, really didn't want to deal with hassle sending things back and forth and possibly having no joy. Four weeks ago, I cancelled the order and it turned up at my door, after I was categorically told it wouldn't be sent. I was told I had to wait for the system to go back to Mesh and the paperwork to be processed in order to obtain a refund.

Three weeks passed, after half a dozen phone calls to Customer Service who were very vague, I got through to Accounts who were most helpful, but hadn't had the paperwork to process the refund - from Customer Service. There is a lot of buck passing and empty promises and it doesn't take much to work out that you are being told what you want to hear and that there is a staffing problem in Customer Service.

I don't think I've ever had such a bad experience purchasing a product through an unknown company - I'd say if you lived near the London area at least you have the redress of turning up at an office and waiting until a problem is sorted out.

Stuartli 16:44 11 Mar 05

Now there's a misnomer if ever there was one...:-)

Toolo 19:40 13 Mar 05

Apologies - unknown to me - I don't read PC magazines regularly, where companies like Mesh advertise heavily, unless I want to buy something. I use IT everyday at work and home (for 10 years plus) but don't game and have bought from smaller recommended companies in the past ie Viglen. I'm a working parent and literally do not have time to deal with sending systems back and forth to be sorted out.
And that's all I have to say!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple