Well done Initial City Link and Jessops

SG Atlantis® 09:01 16 Aug 06

Placed an order late on Saturday, quoted delivery time was 2 to 3 working days, expected wednesday or thursday.

1. Although they ain't the cheapest, I got 10% off using VC10 code on their site, made it very competitive.

2. The site provided more info than others and I got to view cameras in their shop.

3. Initial have the easiest and most uptodate tracking I've had the pleasure to use. I checked every couple of hours and it said exactly where it was and what was happening to it. Gives a mental picture of how their company works.

4. It arrived early on Tuesday, that's about 15hours to deliver it from from Leciester to Northern Ireland, pretty fast!

SG Atlantis® 09:08 16 Aug 06

Jessops Despatched it on Monday afternoon.

spuds 11:11 16 Aug 06

Surprising how a number of people moan about City Link deliveries, mainly via Ebuyer purchases. Yet I have never had cause to fault City Link, on the monthly deliveries I receive through them.

Good on you SGA,with agreeing on City Links good service. Jessops likewise.

RobCharles1981 11:42 16 Aug 06

Spuds I agree Ebuyer work very well with CityLink when I have recently ordered some gear from Ebuyer the Standard dilvery spot on, I then ordered for "Priority Express" spot on dilivary time!

SG Atlantis® 15:01 16 Aug 06

I wasn't keen on Jessops initially because of their higher price and refusal to price match when they did before. The 10% off promo (VC10 voucher code) made it a bit better and they had the stock, had great service from them in the past aswell. Other suppliers where quoting lead times of upto 4 to 6 weeks.

But yes, Initial City Link where surely impressive. They're tracking facility on their site was extremely accurate, it must get updated real time.

15 hours roughly, for standard delivery, from Leciester to Northern Ireland was fantastic. Despatched by Jessops Monday afternoon and it arrived early Tuesday morning.

What's more they only charged me £9 in total to Northern Ireland. Ebuyer, dabs and the like rip the a$$ out of it and charge a big premium (£12 or £15) on top of the standard del. charge to NI hence why I don't use them.

SG Atlantis® 15:03 16 Aug 06

The camera was the Sony w50. £161.99 (£179.99 before discount)

I think the moral here is that the cheapest is not always the best deal.

SG Atlantis® 16:17 16 Aug 06

Probably.

But I just thought I'd point out the cheap, speedy and accurate delivery from Jessops and ICL.

On another note the camera is excellent, amazing pics and it is real eye candy. How many "Ooohs" did I get when showing family my new toy.

Jimmy14 16:23 16 Aug 06

sorry for posting when you mark it as resolved but I don't know if you seen in last months issue of Computer Shopper, they were reviewing the sony WSC-30. In their review they mentioned is the only thing that lets the W30 down was the small 2" screen but you would be better opting for the W50 because its a W30 really with a 2 and a half " screen costing £158 inc vat. It was awarded the best buy out of 10 cameras and got 5/5 stars. Good buy.

James

SG Atlantis® 16:33 16 Aug 06

thanks for that...

Initially I was looking at the w70 but the w50 was a better buy for me and so I went for it instead. 6mp is plenty enough (my last was a budget 3.2 olympus)

On the Jessops site both w30 and w50 are listed at £179.99.

3 differences as far as I can tell, the w50 has a bigger zoom, bigger screen and is a wee bit lighter.

Plus I only paid £4 more than the price you state, £161.99inc VAT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac