Well done FujiFilm

profi 15:38 19 Nov 05

I have a FinePix E510, with which I have been extremely pleased. It recently developed a fault: picture banding (and was, surprise, surprise, outside the warranty period - not far outside, but outside nevertheless). I phoned FujiFilm and was advised I would need to send the camera to their Service Centre and also that the manager had discretion to undertake a free repair outside the warrant period. Today my camera was returned with the message:"... we have now repaired your camera and restored it to full working order with our compliments". Thank you, and well done FujiFilm - I am happy to add praise for your Service Centre to my praise for your product.

Wuggy 16:10 19 Nov 05

I had a fault with my previous Fuji camera about 2 years outside warranty period. Sent off for repair and after negotiation the repair cost was halved and I was given a further 1 year full warranty. About 10 months later camera went on the blink again and this time it was replaced with a new top of the range model. As my previous camera used smart media cards which I had purchased and could no longer use in new camera Fuji sent me free of charge a new 128 MB XD card. Can't say fairer than that in this age of poor customer service.

Stuartli 23:43 19 Nov 05

Fuji was the first major brand Japanese optical manufacturer to recognise and embrace the world of digital photography, even though its manufacture of cameras and associated film products were still at high levels.

spuds 11:19 20 Nov 05

Why is it that some companies give impeccable customer services, yet other companies cannot see the long term advantages of this. Recently we have heard of the demise of Agfa, I hope Fuji are not having similar difficulties, as it would be another great loss to this world.

Recently, I have had need to write to two very well known UK companies, regarding trading observation before the run up to Christmas. Once upon a time, you would have received a very informative reply, but nowadays I have come to the conclusion that it getting to a 'so what' situation.

Colin 08:47 10 May 06

I was also unfortunate to have a fault with my Fuji Z1 digital camera. I bought it from DABS last August and have been very pleased with it. Last week, when I switched it on it displayed a "zoom error" message and would not take pictures or video. The manual said that this error meant returniung it to Fuji. I rang their service centre in Bedford last Thursday to be told that I would need to post it to them. I posted it to them on Thursday 4 May by Royal Mail Special Delivery and I received it back yesterday, Tuesday 9 May. The report said that they had replaced the lens and it now back to its usual good self. Apart from having to pay the postage to them, (£4.99), I think this is very good service. I didn't expect to see it for a while, but 3 working days from despatch to return is excellent.

spider9 14:09 10 May 06

I found the service from Bedford Service Centre was very good - but Fuji design is cheap and nasty!
A year ago I returned my Finepix2600Z to them as the battery/card cover had tiny plastic locking pieces which were so fragile even careful opening/closing destroys them. The cover was replaced free of charge (&quickly), but another year on and exactly the same fault again. I like the camera but to have to keep returning it on a yearly basis is awful.
The technician I spoke to said they were aware of this on-going problem!
New camera will not be Fuji, I'm afraid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…