Well done BT

pc moron 02:13 05 Mar 05

A word of support for our much-maligned telecom giant.

I'm with BTYahoo! and I was upgraded from the 1Mbit service to the 2Mbit service on Wednesday.

After the upgrade my router reported a speed of 2272Mb/s, but I was getting as low as 45 bytes per sec (I kid you not) while actually using the internet.

To make sure the problem wasn't at my end, I had a friend come round with his laptop, modem, cables etc- he got the same result.

I phoned BTYahoo! this afternoon about 3:30pm and they logged a fault with BT and said that it would be fixed later today.

I logged on at about midnight tonight and it's fixed!

One happy cutomer!

Magik ®© 09:27 05 Mar 05

yep, i can not see many of the other so called providers getting their fingers out so quick,they would blame the line saying it was BT and BT saying it is not the line it is the ISP.

With BT it is well worth the extra couple of £'s.

spuds 13:14 05 Mar 05

Sometimes it doe's pay to have all your eggs in the same basket, and deal with one organization, with the onus on them to solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…