Well done for Amazon

krypt1c 05:38 07 Apr 04

Placed an order on Sunday evening [4th April] for a scanner circa £70. Opted for the free delivery and was advised circa 10th April as delivery date. Arrived Tuesday 6th April.

Forum Editor 06:56 07 Apr 04

I placed an Amazon order on Saturday afternoon 3rd April. On Monday 5th at 8.20 a.m. the delivery driver was knocking on the door. Superb service is what I have come to expect from this company.

Never had a problem with amazon, always quick delivery with good packaging. Now if only we could get customer service of Amazon combined with price of Ebuyer.....yeah i know, dreaming!!

Andybear 18:33 07 Apr 04

Just lately I seem to have had nothing but problems with them as regards delivery and general customer service. A couple of my friends have said the same thing. Perhaps we've just been unlucky.

byfordr 21:30 07 Apr 04

Placed a order for a router on Friday indications were for a 2 week delivery, apparently is on its way. No compaints here!

R

Belatucadrus 14:56 08 Apr 04

One of the items on my latest order had to be cancelled due to non availability, this dropped my order below the value for free delivery. Not surprisingly the system added P&P to the order. One e-mail to Amazon customer services and within a few hours I get an answer apologising for the inconvenience and confirming my card had been credited. I've spent quite a bit of money with Amazon UK & US over the years and on the rare occasions anything goes wrong have always received prompt courteous service. They seem to follow the old adage that the customer is always right, excellent company.

lozparry 16:00 08 Apr 04

I placed an order for an mp3 player and pressed the 1-click button to realise that it wasnt free delivery. I cancelled it (I thought) and re-ordered with the free delivery(5 days instead of 2) but later this showed that i had bought 2. I then could only cancel the free delivery one. I wrote a email to them and they refunded the delivery charge. Thanks Amazon.

ade.h 17:10 09 Apr 04

I haven't bought a book, game or CD from any high street outlet in years, thanks to Amazon. A great website and the best prices. They've only let me down once when they tried to get me an imported CD from the U.S. and it took two months before they realised they coudn't get it, but I can easily forgive that. The Supersaver option is great too.

ch0pper 21:45 10 Apr 04

I spend, on average, about £120 a month on books from amzon.co.uk and another $50 from amazon.com.

Only occasionally have they taken an age to tell me a book isn't available, and twice I've had to wait way past the time a book is out on the shelves before I got the copy I pre-ordered from amazon.

What is best is the way they handle returns on the odd occasion I've made a duplicate order. Always a prompt reimbursement.

Southernboy 13:54 13 Apr 04

they need to clean-up their customer service responses.

On a few occasions I have either sought clarification, or had a problem and (on each occasion) the first few times I received standard responses that simply indicated that they hadn't actually read the Email I sent. It can be very frustrating when you detail a problem and the reply simply does not address it. Each time, it took several Emails before someone eventually took the problem on board and actually gave a meaningful answer.

In short, I think they must be so pressed for time that they simply do not read Emails carefully, but make a guess at the problem and send what they think is the appropriate response from the selection of standard replies. One must persevere because, once one can actually "get through" to them, the service is good.

mbp 20:38 17 Apr 04

For Belatucadrus & lozparry who have managed to communicate via email with Amazon.co.uk, please let me have their email address as I need to communicate with them. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5