Weird world

Rtus 20:00 04 Sep 03

I just had to post this ..Remember my thread on compensation for loss of Land line ...Result I got no further forward with that other than what was posted..
However heres a twist on a similar subject...

Complaint>> Electricity prepayment meter wont restart after power cuts (used to but wont now ) even though well in credit ( one of these smart card things) The problem being when powercuts come Weve no Idea When the power is restored unless we take a walk out side to be able to see if other houses in district are lit up or not ! If they are we have to insert card once again to start it up ..
We had an engineer out he says Meter faulty has to be replaced ..Make appointment..
Done that .Appointment not Kept..

Heres the good bit ?? Letter arrives.Stating
Re Appointment --Meter ...18 aug 2003
Please accept our apologies for failing to keep above appointment..Under our guaranteed service we will compensate your account with £20.etc etc etc...and goes on to say...>
We have not arranged another appointment ,as it is normal for your meter to require smart card after power cut ..
Any comments ???

Jester2K II 20:06 04 Sep 03

are unprintable....

Have you rung 'em yet? (Warmly by the neck i mean??)

Rtus 20:13 04 Sep 03

Not yet Im awaiting the compensation payout for the storm losses (last october)..When ever that comes..Then Ill set the wife on the phone to them.....

spuds 22:20 04 Sep 03

Agree with the title.In October 2002, there were 32.000 homes without electricity,which should have been provided by East Midlands Electricity, due to fierce storms.More than 400 household were left in shivering conditions without power, for more than four days.Of the 400 households, only 300 will receive a compensation payment of between £25 and £125. Usually residents left without power for more than 18 hours receive automatic compensation.However, EME has only considered payments to those who have lodged a formal complaints because it classed the storms as 'exceptional'.Apparently, the other 100 households will not receive the 'automatic' compensation.Bit like wrong type of rain and leaves on rails etc.

Rtus 23:01 04 Sep 03

My home was without power for 6 days Its not that the storm was exceptional Its more like not enough manpower kept in the by power companies to cover the repairs..Most repairs here were done by outside contractors.allegedly...

Rtus 23:10 04 Sep 03

Oh one other point ..My insurers (PLUG) red telephone))Made immediate settlement on loss of frozen food stuff and damage to buildings created by the same Storm .. My original point Is ...They offer & pay compensation ,When according to them theres "nothing wrong" But offer to pay nothing When their bad management causes delays ..

Rtus 17:28 05 Sep 03

Ill close this now ..With the note -- officially no compensation is to be paid ..for storm losses due to not making written aplication for compensation within 6 days .....Thanks for comments jester & spuds ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…