Weight of coins

Graham. 10:39 16 Oct 07

I'm counting and bagging up coins collected for a charity. As a double check, I would like to weigh each bag with digital kitchen scales. What should each bag weigh? (eg. £1 of 1p)

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:57 16 Oct 07

click here
the weights are a third of the way down.

G

spuds 13:01 16 Oct 07

Are you using your own bags, or those provided by a bank. Would also mention that a neighbour who doe's a lot of charity work and collection of money, had a problem early this year, after a Christmas collection. The bank refused to credit the charity account 'until' the coins were checked. Apparently there were a number of forged coins in circulation at the time.

Graham. 13:04 16 Oct 07

Thanks, I can work with those figures. £1 of 1p=356g, £1 of 2p=356.5g, etc.

Graham. 13:12 16 Oct 07

Quite right. These are relatively small amounts which I sort initially using a £10 machine from a hardware store.

The larger amounts go in the supermarket machines. They seem to be more fussy, they reject Euros and cents.

lisa02 15:15 16 Oct 07

Fake coins. I have been getting fake £1 ones on an almost daily basis. They are seriously on the increase IMO. The biggest give away is the poorly done inscription round the edge of the coin.

I cut one to see what it was like and it was 2 penny coins coated in a crappy metal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now