websites for televisions?

Rebecca* 23:15 11 Sep 04

H, Not sure if this is the right place to post, but pcadvisor has always been good for helping me before.
I want to buy a television online but there are so many sites out there. I wondered if anybody had any suggestions for good sites that offer good prices and quality. Thanks for any help.

Shanks69 23:21 11 Sep 04

click here

and

click here

The best comparison site is (IMO)

click here

Rebecca* 23:24 11 Sep 04

Thanks Shanks69. Will have a look now.

sidecar sid 09:47 12 Sep 04
  Stuartli 13:38 12 Sep 04

With all due respects, you are better to use one of your local independent audio/visual outlets, such as those who are members of Euronics.

Prices are very competitive because of Euronics's buying power (more than 700 outlets in the UK and that beats all the high street chains who, in any case, usually use third party repair organisations) and, if by any chance anything goes wrong with the set, it will be sorted out quickly.

Buy it from an online outlet and you may well find it far more difficult to obtain after sales service and repairs.

PLus the fact that large widescrees tele's are too big and heavy to move alone.

cara 17:54 12 Sep 04

Don't be put off buying online. I have bought items from click here including an expensive camcorder, Hi Fi and Tumbledryer. No problem at all - They also do interest free credit.

We too are looking for a TV and will quite possibly buy from them again.

smoothcue 08:37 13 Sep 04

I go along with Shanks69 suggestion,Digital-Point,I purchased a tv & dvd recorder from them a couple of months ago.I saved about £350 compared to the high street and the service was superb.

anchor 09:50 13 Sep 04

When you have decided on a model, go to a branch of John Lewis stores. They give a free 5 year warranty, plus will price match any local retailer.

The cost of a 5 year warranty could cancel out any savings made by buying on-line.

Stuartli 10:07 13 Sep 04

My mate runs an independenet audio/visual/appliances retail outlet and matches (and sometimes beats) high street stores' prices.

You will be surprised how many times a week people come in who have bought goods at these other stores or online seeking service and/or repairs.

If the item is still under warranty they are politely, but firmly, told to go back to where they bought the goods.

Quite often these people get quite nasty and demanding but are still rebuffed. They are informed that the workshop facilities are for his own customers' benefit and not a satellite service for national outlets. In fact some such stores have often referred their customers to my mate's shop...:-)

Gradually it dawns on such people that the additional small saving they have perhaps gained by going to the big high street stores may have been attactive initially, but that if anything goes wrong that quite often the stores' staff don't want to know.

Service and repairs are normally handled by a third party organisation and they usually work to their own timetable.

Shanks69 14:45 13 Sep 04

Do you have any reason to believe a manufacturers warranty does not apply to items bought online ?

You make sure you get the warranty (which should be no problem whatsoever), read the terms and listing of service centres and repairers, and use those firms if anything should go wrong within the 12 month period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…