websites and are they safe

Jameslayer 12:42 10 Oct 10

Hi in another thread(cant find it) someone was asking if a website was safe for his friend. Well someone posted a link to this click here which is the gguardian site. So does that meen i cant trustthe links from the articles? As you need to give bank details.

spuds 12:53 10 Oct 10

Most of the sites mentioned in the article, either give cheques or vouchers as a 'cash incentive' to participate. And then it usually as certain rules regarding minimum and maximum amounts paid on effort.

It a site asks for bank details, then be a little cautious, and do some checking. And never give any details to an insecure website or email.A simple internet search usually provides sufficient information about a scheme.

The are quite a number of 100% companies, but there can also be the scam site. The more the website promises, the more you should 'think about it'.

Jameslayer 13:48 10 Oct 10

panelbase.net
10th October 2010

Hi James,

Thank you for registering with panelbase.net. Before we can fully activate your account, one last step must be taken to complete the registration process.

We must verify that your email account has received this confirmation email. Once your email account has been verified, by clicking on the link below, your panelbase.net account will become active and £3 will be added to it automatically as a reward for completing the registration process.

Please click here to verify your email address and automatically confirm receipt of this email.

(N.B: Hotmail, Yahoo! and other webmail users... If you find that the link above doesn't work, please copy and paste the following web address into your browser. If the address appears on two lines, please reconstruct it in your browser's address bar so that it appears as one web addre ss, with no spaces, including the V=Y component at the end.)
removed email adress

[email protected] or alternatively use our UK free phone number 0800 1958492 (during office hours) so that we may assist.

Best wishes,

the panelbase.net team

You have received this email because your email account was registered with our online research community. If you feel that this email has been delivered in error, please contact us by clicking on 'Reply' or sending a new email to [email protected], or alternatively use our freephone number 0800 1958492. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails of this nature, please click here. Please note, that should you unsubscribe from future emails, your panelbase.net account will be suspended, as we will no longer have an active channel of email communication to invite you to take part in research surveys. panelbase.net is a division of Dipstic

lotvic 00:38 11 Oct 10

panelbase seems ok, you can choose to have them send you a cheque if you don't want it paid into your bank. (FAQ: How will panelbase.net pay me my rewards?)

Jameslayer 17:21 11 Oct 10

I must admit you hear horror stories and to be honest. They are part of a article in a national newspaper. well their online section. So it must be the real thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant