Webcam security software

Chris the Ancient 17:57 29 Jun 07

I'm *trying* to use my pc as a security system with a webcam. The webcam (MS Lifecam VX6000 - usb) works fine and with good resolution.

I have tried many different packages that act as motion sensors to trigger a recording, but with many varied and mixed results of the best as follows:

WebCam Monitor... Too darned sensitive in that every time that rare beast the sun shines and lightens the room, it triggers a recording. And despite many fiddles and plays, lots of bits ot the recording are missed.

DigiWatcher... Comparatively stable. But they record rather pixellated pictures in their own format which come out even worse when converted to avi format.

Coffee Cup... Lovely piece of kit. Records a series of nice, high-definition jpg images. But, as soon as the password protected screen saver kicks in - or, having bypassed that, I lock the computer - it stops working! I have tried emailing their support line but have yet to receive any feedback.

Has anyone found a *good* software suite that does the job prperly - but cheaply because I'm skint?

CtA

Chris the Ancient 09:35 01 Jul 07

Well, I have had a reply from Coffee Cup. There is no workround to prevent the application from not working! Such a shame, the images were the best of the bunch.

Anyone any other experiences on this sort of software?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced