web pages closing themselves

red dragon 21:16 23 Jul 05

Hi All.

I have just changed ISP from NTL to Madasafish.

Since the change I have noticed that several webpages are closing themselves. Not just the page but Internet Explorer as well.
I have been in touch with Mads helpdesk and they say its spyware/virus.
I have scanned my system with Norton 2005, Pestpatrol, Adaware, Spybot, Microsoft Antispy and Im running spywareblaster.
None of them have found anything.
Im running XP.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

ade.h 20:38 25 Jul 05

I can't offer a solution, but I think that Madasafish is probably wrong to blame malware; that does not sound like typical malware behaviour. Please make sure that you run a good malware scanner anyway, just as a matter of good practice. I suggest A-Squared, Counterspy or the Spysweeper Online scan at click here

Did Madasafish provide any software that you had to install to use the service, perhaps a CD that you run to setup your account? If IE has been changed or added to in any way, perhaps that is to blame?

You may get more responses if you post your question in the Helproom section. This section is for consumer issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…