web host problems

fwolproofreader 16:38 31 Jul 03

Has anyone else suffered the problems I am experiencing with oneandone.co.uk? I registered a domain name and bought their Home&Leisure home package, and paid up front by credit card.They advertsied £400 free software with the package: NetObjectsFusion 7.0, PhotoImpact 8SE and Hello Engines.I got the licence numbers online, but have never received the software, now 6 weeks has passed, despite emails and 4 phone calls,once hanging on for customer services for 12 minutes then giving up. Each time I have spoken to someone in a department (customer services, IT and once in desperation, Sales),they say it is coming or has been despatched (from Germany the day before - one and a half weeks ago). I am now fed up trying to get somewhere with oneandone and intend cancelling my package and demanding a refund of the £90 odd paid (which they took immediately but could not deliver the free software promised!).I am a freelancer working from home and wanted to get my site up and running for my business. Any suggestions would be welcome.

pj123 17:51 31 Jul 03

Haven't tried 1&1 but have tried easyspace, and freeola. both useless. don't like companies who offer all these "extras" and then can't deliver.
I now use a local hosting service which costs £90 per year but at least I can upload and download to my website any time I like, also they are always on the end of a telephone line if you need them. the site is click here Ask for Jan pronounced yan, tell them peter sent you

rupie 23:19 31 Jul 03

I too am freelance and have made my own site. it is held on my ISP server. This is a company called netscalibur. They are a commercial ISP and so do not have hundreds of kids on line all evening and weekend slowing the server down. For additional costs I could have lots of extra failsafe protection, although the site has never been down in 4 years !!! They host the site for nothing, although The site is designed for viewing and I do not use it to directly trade from(you can only view and e mail me). I can update it as oftern as i like and it was all programmed in frontpage. It does not have to fit a format, like Freeserve. I have a domain name registered with someone else(names123) and the only charge is thet they charge me a small fee of £15 a year to redirect people, who type on my website, to the site on the server. You would not know any different if you were a normal punter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…