Web-cleaners

NickyK 15:07 04 Jan 05

Over the last few months, I've been trying various web-cleaners. These things are software that claim to erradicate one's internet exploration.

Here are my results - but please remember that I am expressing a personal opinion, and am not necessarily condemining the product in question.

History Kill - it seemed to be effective, but I have siunce discovered a lot of people who suspect it

Clean Space - I would have loved to try it, but they wouldn't give me a free trial. Fair enough.. It's their product, but I am not going to buy something that I can't test first

Steganos - as with all products from this stable, thourough and reliable

Webroot's Window-washer. A lovely product. Thorough, efficient, user-friendly and almost fun.

Wincleaner/destroy it - Acceptable, but Mcafee fouunfdfiles that this product failed to destroy

Acronis - quite okay, but, as with many of these products, it's probably best to to the upgrade

Ashampoo win-optomiser - Excellent, despite my spelling.

Win speedup 2.52. Loved this. Very user-friendly.

System Security suite 1.04. I am yet to decide about this product.

Mil free internet eraser - it works and is v user-pal.

IE Privacy Keeper. Not sure about this one yet. Somewhat unreliable, but that may be my own fault, not the product's.

Out of all the products I have trialled - and I will keep on trialling because I find it fun - the best, thus far, is Webroot's Window-washer.

Bye,

Nicky

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:40 04 Jan 05

click here ....there is no other. Does one's computer need to be soooo clean?

G

NickyK 16:26 04 Jan 05

No. I doubt one's computer does need to be so clean. The only reason I got interested in this stuff was because a friend had very limited space on a very old PC. We solved the problem by getting him a new system.

The reason why I didn't mention cc or any of the other products we all recommend to each other was simply because I was interested in covering non-free products, and thought folks might like to know what I found.

But I do agree. I use cc all the time, and I doubt, unless one is doing something very wrong, that one actually requires super-cleaners. I just found playing with these utilities rather fun.

N

JIM 16:29 04 Jan 05

In the presences of a real lady whom is greeted with
CCleaner (C--p Cleaner)in the first sentence. What was that saying again by a gentleman held in great esteem by his fellow members.Summit about eyes's?

Good program though. ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…